Fraud Blocker

nassau county eviction

Evicting a tenant in Suffolk County can be a complicated matter, and if any mistakes are made, chances are they will result in your petition being dismissed, and the tenant being allowed to remain in possession of the apartment. As such, if you are a landlord looking to evict your tenant in Suffolk County, New York, the first step I would recommend is that you call an eviction lawyer based in Suffolk County for a free consultation. Our firm happens to offer free telephone consultations to landlords. During this consultation, the attorney you speak with will help you decide whether you need to bring a non-payment proceeding or a hold-over proceeding to remove your tenant, and can help determine if there are any notices required by law that may have to be served before you initiate an eviction proceeding to remove your tenant.

Once you know the type of proceeding you want to initiate, and you know the predicate notices that must be served and when they must be served, you can then determine the appropriate courthouse to file your eviction proceeding in. In the five western towns of Suffolk County (which include the towns of Babylon, Islip, Brookhaven, Huntington and Smithtown), eviction proceedings may be brought in the Suffolk County District Court in the district in which the property is located. For the five eastern towns (which include East Hampton, Riverhead, Shelter Island, Southampton, and Southold), eviction proceedings may be brought in the town justice court for the town in which the property is located. If you have any questions about eviction proceedings in Suffolk County courts, feel free to contact us for your free consultation.

James D. Murtha, Esq.

Author James D. Murtha, Esq.

I am a Managing Member at the Murtha Law Firm, LLC, and I am an eviction lawyer in Suffolk County and Nassau County, Long Island, New York. You can call me, right now at (631) 747-0356, and I'll be happy to speak with you for free about the New York eviction process.

More posts by James D. Murtha, Esq.

Leave a Reply